It should come as no surprise to anyone that political views are extremely important to me in a potential boyfriend. I’ve been convinced for some time that I’m incapable of seriously dating someone with an ideology significantly different from mine, and I don’t care if that sounds close-minded. So for all the single right-minded millennials that are afraid of contracting #TheBern, here are some questions and conversation starters as you play the field to find the other elephant in the room. Fair warning though, I wrote these at 4am, and can’t be held responsible if your date thinks you’re kinda psycho.
1. If you were stranded on a desert island which former GOP presidential candidate would you want to be stranded with and why?
2. If you ever run for office, what’s your walk out song going to be?
3. You come to and realize your hands and feet are bound and you’re blindfolded in the trunk of a car. What figure/organization do you think is trying to dispose of you and why?
4. Were you more emotional watching 13 Hours or American Sniper?
5. Where do you stand on the Civil War between Milo Yiannopoulos and Ben Shapiro?
6. Give me the top 10 songs on your mourning playlist if Hillary Clinton is elected president.
7. Describe why you love America in Reagan quotes and Drake lyrics.
8. Be honest with yourself. Hypothetically, do you think you have what it would take to rage with W in his hay day?
9. College Republicans, Turning Point, YAF or YAL?
10. How many House of Cards episodes have you watched in one sitting?
11. If the ghost of a political figure were to come to you in a dream and warn you about an upcoming disaster which one do you think it would be, and what do you think the disaster would be?
12. As a child, do you think your imagination was equal, better or worse than Bernie Sanders’?
13. Imagine you’re in hell and Satan gives you the options of either sharing a cell with Hillary or marrying Lena Dunham with divorce being completely off the table. What do you choose?
14. What’s your craziest CPAC story?
15. And this probably isn’t a first date question, but you could always ask him if he likes roleplay and have him break out the handcuffs as the FBI arresting Hillary Clinton.
conservativeconversation startersdatingfirst datefirst date questionsgoprepublican